12.8.12

1st Day Pre-Cleanse: Sunday.

I wanted a place to come and write about what's going to happen to me this week because I am thoroughly convinced that I will have so much to say & it will need to get out. Already I have gotten a ton of fruits and vegetables this morning and I think that the fridge is as stocked up with health as it's ever been. Currently:

-Watermelon
-Pineapple
-Apples
-Grapes
-Cantaloupe
-Bananas
-Lemons
-Limes
-Strawberries

-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Green Beans
-Cucumbers
-Corn
-Peas
-Romaine lettuce

You name it, we've got it, pretty much. I wanted to get asparagus, but I was nervous about messing it up royally while trying to cook it correctly, so I decided to save that challenge for another week. This week is going to be tough enough as it is because M is out of the office and I have some seriously important tests coming up before the fall semester starts. I have had a reservation at the juice bar for about a month now and I am pleased that the day has FINALLY arrived! Most recommendations for pre-cleansing suggest eating like a vegetarian for the 3 days prior and the 3 days following, so that is what I will be doing. My feeling from reading most people's experiences that they don't eat well for awhile until the day before the cleanse starts but then they end up regretting that decision because it's a more difficult transition overall.

So, I am starting probably earlier than I need to, but considering how much crap I put into my body, I don't really think it's too drastic. I will keep updating all of the time to keep a record of how it goes. So far, only salad, some deli turkey slices, grapes, and water for today.

Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment